Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Cream Shadows


Tips for Cream Eyeshadows

Cream shadows have gotten a bad rep due to issues with caking in the crease of the eyelid and wearing off half way throughout the day.
Usually when I hear this from someone, I ask them how they are applying it and what do they use before hand to ensure all day staying power.
There are steps to ensure all day staying power with cream shadows:
1. Apply an eyeshadow primer on your lids first and let it set for a few seconds. Urban Decay's Shadow Potion & Too Faced Shadow Insurance are great primers that help keep your shadow on all day.
2. I prefer using cream liners from a pot or a tube rather than those that come with a wand applicator. I feel you get better application. You can use your finger to apply , but I suggest a cream shadow brush. Bobbi BrownMAC , and benefit make excellent ones for this purpose. I then blend with a fluffy blending shadow brush.

3. I usually dust a little of MakeupForEver's HD Powder on top for extra staying power.
4. Finish off with liner and Mascara by Tarte.
My top Cream Shadow Brands- Nars, Bobbi Brown, MAC ,Urban Decay,Benefit,and MakeupForEver
Stay fabulous!!
Shared by Larry Thielen Jr. for Making Up Las Vegas

No comments:

Post a Comment